From the Producer of Bruce Almighty and Liar Liar
“This generation’s Animal House!”—Steven Chupnick, MovieWeb.com
THE OUTRAGEOUS, IRREVERENT AND HILARIOUS COLLEGE COMEDY LAUGHS ITS WAY ONTO DVD
NOVEMBER 14, 2006
FROM UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HOME ENTERTAINMENT
Higher education hits an all-time low when Accepted, the hilariously irreverent comedy hit about a loveable group of misfit slackers who create their own college, comes to DVD on November 14, 2006 from the studio that brought you American Pie, Universal Studios Home Entertainment. With a cast of fresh young faces including Justin Long (The Break-Up, Herbie Fully Loaded, Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story), Jonah Hill (Click, The 40 Year Old Virgin), Blake Lively (Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants), Maria Thayer (Hitch), Adam Herschman, and Columbus Short (War of the Worlds) plus veterans Anthony Heald (X Men: Last Stand), Lewis Black (“The Daily Show with Jon Stewart”) and Mark Derwin (“Boston Legal”), Accepted is a frat party of a film, complete with raucous and raunchy laughs. In his directing debut, High Fidelity and Grosse Pointe Blank screenwriter Steve Pink has created a boldfaced, nose-thumbing campus farce, guaranteed to keep audiences laughing long after the credits roll. Produced by Tom Shadyac and Michael Bostick – the collaborators behind the forthcoming comedy feature film Evan Almighty, as well as previous comedy blockbusters Bruce Almighty and Liar Liar – the Accepted DVD contains more than an hour of hilarious bonus features including scenes too out of control for the theatrical version, sidesplitting outtakes, exclusive downloadable MP3s and insider commentary from the stars and director.
In Accepted, high school slacker Bartleby Gaines (“B” to his buddies) is willing to do whatever it takes to keep his parents from finding out he’s been rejected by every college he applied to – even if that means creating a bogus university, with a demented burnout of a dean (Lewis Black) and a curriculum that includes “How to Design a Smokin’ MySpace Page” and “Cooking with Illicit Substances.” With a killer website to attract students and an abandoned loony bin to call home, the South Harmon Institute of Technology is open for business. The DVD is priced at $29.98 SRP. Preorder close is October 10, 2006.
CRITICS ACCEPT ALL THE LAUGHS
Many critics across the country raved about Accepted’s look at college life. “This generation’s Animal House,” proclaimed Steven Chupnick of MovieWeb.com. Daniel Newman of the Richmond Times Dispatch concurred that Accepted is “easily the funniest college film since Animal House.” Maxim’s Pete Hammond added “Accepted makes the comedy honor roll for being inventive and riotously funny.” In addition, Mark Holcomb of Time Out NY noted the film to be, “warm, fitfully hilarious and unexpectedly radical.”
No Holds barred Bonus Features Put
Accepted at the head of the Class
Sign up for a crash course in comedy with Accepted’s exclusive behind-the-scenes features, including:
- Deleted Scenes & Outtakes – Over 20 minutes of gut-busting deleted scenes and outtakes.
- Adam’s Accepted Chronicles – Follow Adam Herschman as he tackles his first starring role in a feature film for an unconventional glimpse of life on a movie set.
- Reject Rejection: The Making of Accepted – Accepted’s talented young cast of skateboard champions, football players, cheerleaders and more is let loose on the set and the results are hilarious!
- Self-Guided Campus Tour – Bartleby’s hilariously wild world is brought to life through an interactive graphic map of the South Harmon Institute of Technology campus.
- “Hangin’ On the Half Pipe” – The outrageous frat party music video!
- “Keepin’ Your Head Up!” – Ringers music video!
- Feature Commentary with actors Lewis Black, Justin Long, Jonah Hill and Adam Herschman, plus director Steve Pink.
- DVD-ROM MP3s including “B Goes to BKE,” “Uncle Ben's Theme,” “B and Hoyt Showdown,” “Party at BKE,” “Monica” and “B Kisses Monica."
For more information please visit: www.acceptedmovie.com
Check out the Accepted game here: www.acceptedmovie.com/game